|Works Consulting provides efficient business processes and expert services
to a variety of transportation-related clients. Our analysis
and solutions are backed by our exemplary background and experience
in the following technologies.
- Web Development
- Information resource management (IRM) has customarily fallen
prey to proprietary database services that may be "data rich", but still
provide limited "information". Works Consulting encourages all
data services to be available to all authorized users by exploiting web
technology and enhancing that information with maps.....
- Internet Map Services
- A picture is worth 1000 words.... and an internet map is
the resource to access thousands of pictures... or ten thousand
traffic counts... or a hundred thousand traffic crashes.
Works Consulting provides custom internet map services and consulting
for your mapping needs.....
- Traffic Count Compilation
- Traffic counting information is often relevant to an audience
that is much broader than those limited few people who gather raw
counts. Works Consulting has developed an Arizona statewide
mechanism for logging traffic counts and adjusting them for seasonal and
- Network Analysis
- Roadway GIS often involves analysis of network connectivity.
Issues regarding the best (fastest or shortest) path are often relevant
to providing efficient operations......
- Linear Referencing Systems
- Dynamic segmentation is an aspect of geographic information
systems (GIS) that provides the most bang for the buck when a
transportation agency is deploying a GIS. The implementation of "Dyn
Seg" in your GIS is probably the critical link between a successful GIS
and the GIS that didn't meet the owner's need.....
- Geographic Information Systems
- A successful GIS implementation has to be more than a
series of shapefiles or coverages that reflect the spatial and attribute
characteristics of the client's infrastructure......
- Cartography and Data
- Works Consulting provides GIS-based data gathering and
cartographic assistance to transportation planning studies.....
- Training Materials & Services
- Works Consulting provides specific training opportunities that
give the GIS-T user an improved perspective on how to exploit GIS
technology for roadways. Works also utilized video screen captures
on CD ROM...so that all training events can be encapsulated for future
use away from the classroom environment.....
- Research and Development
- As project-based integration of GIS makes inroads towards
enterprise-wide implementation, existing systems will need to adapt to
the new way of operation. Works Consulting provides research-based
analysis of the implications of new technologies.....
- Feature Inventory and Photo Log
- Agencies are spending millions of dollars capturing either GPS
locations and/or photo imagery of their infrastructure. Photo Log
can justify it's means through a single thwarted lawsuit. Field data
capture with a GPS and a hand-held computer is hardly cost effective
unless the effort is efficiently focused and designed.....